Start your new career serving individuals early in their recovery journey
Yes - you heard that right! We are ruthlessly committed to increasing access to recovery services and understand that the shortage of qualified professionals who can help is a massive barrier. To address this, Refocus Recovery offers accredited training to become a Certified Peer Recovery Specialist at NO COST.
Do you have at least one year of personal sustained recovery? While it's not required for training, you must have 1+ years of personal sustained recovery to become certified.
Certified Peer Recovery Training
- Training sessions include 46 hours of instruction and are delivered over 5, or 7 days (depending on your preference) .
- During the class you will explore:
- The roles and functions of a CPRS
- How another person's perception of themselves and the world is unique
- How to foster a safe place for clients to share without the fear of judgement or shame
- Developing strong, healthy relationships and connections between people with different view points
- How to use your new skills in practice
- Once you have completed the session you will be prepared to take the Minnesota Certification Board exam and earn your CPRS designation
- You are now ready to work as a CPRS
Apply For Training
After receiving your application our team will connect with you over email or SMS to complete a short screening and confirm your eligibility for the free training course. Only Minnesota residents are eligible at this time.
Applying for training does not guarantee that you will be invited to participate in the training.
Learn More About Peer Recovery
Working as a CPRS is an incredible opportunity to give back to others in early recovery - find out more about what working as a CPRS is, and how it impacts the recovery community!
Certified peer recovery specialist manager